Lionel Messi is a professional soccer player from Argentina, widely considered one of the greatest football players ever. He was born on June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Argentina.
Messi began playing soccer at a very young age and showed exceptional talent early on. He was scouted by the prestigious football academy, La Masia, at the age of 13, and soon after, he moved to Spain to join FC Barcelona’s youth team.
He made his debut for FC Barcelona’s first team in 2004, at 17, and quickly became an integral part of the team’s success. Messi’s exceptional dribbling skills, quick feet, and impressive goal-scoring ability soon earned him a reputation as one of the best soccer players in the world.
Messi has won numerous individual awards and trophies throughout his career, including seven Ballon d’Or awards, which are given to the best player in the world. He has also won numerous team trophies, including ten La Liga titles, seven Copa del Rey titles, and four UEFA Champions League titles with Barcelona.
In August 2021, Messi transferred from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) on a two-year contract with the option of a one-year extension.
Off the field, Messi is known for his charitable work and has established the Lionel Messi Foundation, which provides support to children in need around the world. He is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and has been involved in various humanitarian campaigns.
Overall, Lionel Messi is widely considered one of the greatest football players ever and continues to be a dominant force in the sport.
Lionel Messi’s Stats for the country:
Lionel Messi has been an integral part of the Argentina national team since his debut in 2005. Here are some of his stats for the country:
- Messi has scored 76 goals in 151 appearances for the Argentina national team as of my knowledge cutoff in 2021.
- He is the all-time leading goal scorer for Argentina, surpassing Gabriel Batistuta’s previous record of 54 goals.
- Messi has participated in four FIFA World Cups with Argentina, finishing as runners-up in 2014.
- He has also won the Copa America tournament with Argentina in 2021, as well as finishing as runners-up three times (2007, 2015, and 2016).
- Messi has been named the Argentina national team captain since 2011, leading the team to several important victories.
Overall, Messi’s stats for the Argentina national team demonstrate his impressive contributions to the country’s soccer success over the years.
Lionel Messi’s Stats for the Club:
Lionel Messi’s career has been defined by his incredible success at FC Barcelona. Here are some of his stats for the club:
- Messi has scored a total of 672 goals in 778 appearances for FC Barcelona as of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, making him the club’s all-time top scorer.
- He has won a total of 34 trophies with FC Barcelona, including 10 La Liga titles, 7 Copa del Rey titles, and 4 UEFA Champions League titles.
- Messi has won the Ballon d’Or award (given to the world’s best player) a record 7 times while playing for FC Barcelona.
- He has also set numerous records while playing for FC Barcelona, including the most goals in a calendar year (91 in 2012), the most goals in a single European club season (73 in 2011-12), and the most hat-tricks in La Liga (36).
- In the 2020-2021 season, Messi won the Copa del Rey with Barcelona and was also the top scorer in La Liga.
Overall, Messi’s stats for FC Barcelona demonstrate his incredible talent and impact on the club’s success over the years.
Lionel Messi family:
Lionel Messi, the Argentine professional footballer, is known not only for his incredible skills on the pitch but also for his close-knit family. Born on June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Argentina, Messi comes from a family that has always supported him in his football career.
Messi’s parents are Jorge Messi and Celia Cuccittini. Messi’s father worked in a steel factory, while his mother was a part-time cleaner. Messi has three siblings, two older brothers, Rodrigo and Matias, and a younger sister, Maria Sol. His older brothers have also played football, but not professionally.
Messi met his wife, Antonella Roccuzzo when they were children. They grew up together in Rosario and started dating in 2008. The couple got married in 2017 in a lavish ceremony in their hometown, and they have three children together, Thiago, Mateo, and Ciro.
Messi is very close to his family and often shares pictures and updates about them on social media. He has also credited his family for his success in football. Messi’s father played a significant role in his early development as a footballer and has always been his biggest supporter. In 2003, when Messi was just 16 years old, he moved to Barcelona to join the club’s youth academy, La Masia. Messi’s father moved with him to Spain to help him settle in and support him in his football career.
Messi’s family has also been involved in charitable work. In 2007, Messi and his family set up the Leo Messi Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports children and young people in need around the world. The foundation aims to improve the quality of life for children through education and healthcare.
In recent years, Messi’s relationship with the Barcelona Football Club has been a topic of much discussion. However, his family has been a constant source of support for him throughout the ups and downs of his football career. In August 2021, Messi signed a two-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) Football Club, after leaving Barcelona.
In conclusion, Lionel Messi comes from a loving and supportive family that has played a significant role in his life and football career. His parents and siblings have always been his biggest supporters, and he is very close to his wife and children. Messi has also been involved in charitable work through the Leo Messi Foundation, which he set up with his family. Despite his recent departure from Barcelona, Messi’s family remains a constant source of support for him as he continues his football journey with PSG.