Teen Dies After Attempting The TikTok “Benadryl Challenge”

Teen Dies After Attempting The TikTok Challenge: Teen Dies After Attempting TikTok’s ‘Benadryl Challenge’ In The United States. Despite the doctor’s best efforts, the boy died. A 13-year-old boy from Ohio, United States, died tragically after overdosing on over-the-counter medication while attempting a popular TikTok craze. The child was taking part in the ‘Benadryl Challenge,’ which urges viewers to consume excessive amounts of the antihistamine in order to cause hallucinations.
The teen’s parents have issued a public warning to other parents about the perilous social media trend. Jacob Stevens died after a week on a ventilator after taking 12 to 14 over-the-counter antihistamine pills to produce hallucinations, his family told

Jacob’s father, Justin Stevens, told ABC6 that his son overdosed last weekend while at home with friends.

According to a video filmed by his buddies, the boy began to seize after undertaking the social media challenge.

“It was too much for his body,” stated Jacob’s father.

He was transported to the hospital and placed on a ventilator.

Despite the greatest efforts of the doctor, the boy died six days later. “Worst day of his life,” Jacob’s father said.

“No brain scan, there was nothing there,” the distraught father explained. “They said we could keep him on the vent and he could lay there, but he’ll never open his eyes, breathe, smile, walk, or talk.”

I’m going to do everything I can to make sure another child doesn’t go through it, Jacob’s grandmother told a local TV news station.

The boy’s family recalls him as a well-behaved, humorous, and affectionate youngster.

No matter how horrible my day had been, Mr. Stevens recalled, “Jacob could make me smile. No one else could.”

Legislators are being pushed to impose an age limit on the purchase of drugs like Benadryl.

“I already sent a message to Mr. Dewine. It’s my life goal now to make that happen. I’ll go at it until the day I die,” Justin said.

Exit mobile version